Eclipse Photography presentation slides [PDF]
Links referenced in the presentation:
- NASA/Espenak Eclipse Exposure Table
- Solar Tracking Comparison Video -- Mount was placed on a concrete surface with altitude set for correct latitude. Azimuth was set by eye against a distant reference point. Tracking rate was left on sidereal speed.
- Hinode Guider behavior on partial phases-- The guider centers what remains of the sun during partial phases.
- Daily SOHO Solar Images-- Use this to know (beforehand) where sunspots are located for focusing.
- 2010 Solar Eclipse video -- uncut real-time version. This includes fixed exposure ground views and a time counter. This eclipse was about 4-1/2 minutes long. Run at 2x speed on Youtube for simulation of 2017 eclipse time.