The nearly 3rd quarter moon rose early and made it difficult to see or photograph the Perseid meteors this year. Contrary to sensationalist articles on the internet, this was also a weak Perseid shower, though I was able to capture a few meteors bright enough to be seen even against the moonlit sky as shown in this composite image.
- Date/Time: 12-13 Aug. 2017
- Location: Vanishing Point Observatory
- Camera: Nikon D600 @ ISO 1600
- Exposure: 20 sec. frames (x 6 for composite)
- Lens: Sigma 15mm @ f/2.8
- Mount: Stationary tripod
- Image Processing: Registar, Lightroom, and Photoshop