A nearly full moon this year largely obscured the Leonid meteor shower. Only the brightest meteors were visible above the brightness of the background sky. To the upper right of this downward travelling meteor is the Big Dipper. To the left of the top of the meteor trail is Polaris, marks the northern celestial pole.
- Date/Time: 18 Nov. 2016 - 04:26 PST
- Location: Vanishing Point Observatory
- Camera: Nikon D600 @ ISO 800
- Exposure: 20 sec. (single frame)
- Lens: Sigma 15mm (fisheye) @ f/2.8
- Mount: Stationary tripod
- Image Processing: Lightroom, Photoshop